1. The first model that I found is titled the HWWP (Healthier Working with Partnerships) a Wisconsin state program that endeavors to promote state health initiatives. This program evaluation model was similar to Kilpatrick's in that it consists of reaction, learning, transfer of training, and results. It seems that most of the models I found were similar to either Kilpatrick's or the CIPP. This particular model deals with assumptions, activities, defines partnerships and types of innovative programming that will result from these partnerships, and lastly has immediate outcomes (2-5 years), intermediate outcomes (5-10 years) and long term outcomes (10-15 years). I could use this to evaluate my instruction by modifying the length of the outcomes to cover a school year. I have included the link below.
http://www.mcw.edu/healthierwipartnerships/aboutus/ProgramEvaluationModel.htm
The second model that I located is a Logic Model used by the Department of Energy.
It is similar to the other models as well because it contains the elements of; resources, activities, outputs, and short, intermediate and long-term outcomes. As the site defines a logic model the model "presents a plausible and sensible model of how the program will work under certain environmental conditions to solve identified problems". Logic models may take many different forms, including narrative and table forms. Logic models can be used to design new programs or to confirm that an existing program design is still working. They can also to be used to measure any existing performance measure. The resources would be my instructional design that would include the activities to measure the output. Again, my outcomes would be measured over the school year. I am having a little bit of a hard time transferring these to educational environments. Is anyone else? The link to the site is included below.
http://www1.eere.energy.gov/ba/pba/program_evaluation/program_logic.html
2. Innovative Technology – Apples' iPhone 4S was recently introduced into the market. Below I have listed the perceived attributes and how these attributes assisted in the adoption of the innovation
Perceived Attributes | |||||||||
Relative Advantage | A smartphone with an improved processer which is designed to run seven times faster than the iPhone 4. Applications will run faster than its predecessor. An advanced and faster 8 megapixel camera. The most exciting feature of the Apple iPhone 4S is that it will run on the iOS 5, it has more than 200 features than the earlier versions. "Siri" a voice control feature that will understand what you are asking and answer you back. | ||||||||
Compatibility | It is definitely with the customers' values, beliefs, and needs. It is a great improvement on what they are already used to using. | ||||||||
Complexity | It isn't too complex. Some of the new features will have to be learned how to use but it is simple enough for the customers to do. | ||||||||
Trialability | It is so popular and similar to the iPhone 4 that it has been tried out before adoption. I would say that this would be the weak link, but because it had an innovative predecessor people will learn how to use it after they buy it. | ||||||||
Observability | The observable benefits are faster processing and some new innovative applications. | ||||||||
3. Situational Leadership – To facilitate this project I would start out by calling all the teachers to an orientation meeting to show them how to use their new interactive white boards. I would begin by giving them a demonstration on all the key features of the board. I would then give them a simple assignment to complete. Once they have completed this I would go on to the next step. I figure it will take about 6-8 sessions to compete this training. I will be the only one doing the training because no one else knows how to use these boards.
The first phase would begin with these mini lessons where I will need to be directive, detailed and supervise my trainees. In the second phase I will just be helping them with their mini lessons. I will clarify for them and reward their improvements. The more they learn to work this way the more they can function on their own. Then with Phase 2 Phase 3 will begin which is focusing on results and making sure the team is rewarded for effort and production. Finally, I will just be monitoring them for any help that they may need.
No comments:
Post a Comment